Monday, February 05, 2007
If you are unfamiliar with Handbrake, it's a GPL'd multiplatform, multithreaded DVD to MPEG-4 ripper/converter. Here's a MethodShop.com tutorial on how to use Handbrake.
- Can encode directly from DVDs (even encrypted ones) or from VIDEO_TS folders
- Supports AC3, LPCM and MPEG audio tracks
- Outputs MP4, AVI or OGM files
- Outputs AAC, MP3 or Vorbis audio
- Supports 2-pass encoding
- Supports encoding of two audio tracks
- Includes a bitrate calculator
- Supports picture deinterlacing, cropping and scaling
PC users looking for a super DVD-to-iPod easy solution should use DVD Copy by InterVideo.
digg story | methodshop